Sure, the unintentional ingestion of one or two seeds won’t kill you, but might cause side effects, like dizziness, weakness, confusion, headaches, nausea, vomiting, and cramps. Swallowing the seed uncrushed is not a cause for concern, since it will pass through the digestive system undigested. Remember, the conversion to cyanide does not occur unless the seeds are crushed.
Overall, this waxy coating is thought to be safe, but many people report certain health complications, like respiratory distress, ulcers, or infections, after eating an apple – and the wax may be responsible for that. What’s even more alarming is that this coating is used in organic and non-organic apples. Fortunately, there are some individual brands that avoid it. Do your research to find out if non-waxed apples are available in your location.
A large number of people report being dangerously sick after the ingestion of E.coli and cryptosporidium, present in unpasteurized apple beverages. For this reason, children, older adults, pregnant women, and those with a weak immune system should drink pasteurized apple juice and cider, if they need to.
Bear in mind that when you drink the juice alone, you get pure sugar without the fiber to reduce it.
Due to the waxy coating, pesticides are hard to wash off the fruit. Therefore, try to swap conventional apples with organic apples, though they can be highly expensive!
You should be fully cognizant of the fact that pesticides can be toxic and might cause several health issues, including allergy, respiratory tract irritation, nausea, diarrhea, headache, fatigue, loss of consciousness and seizures.
The reason behind this is that apples feature many carbs. Even though they are not simple carbs that cause your blood sugar to climb, they offer ready fuel for energy that the body does not require to burn fat. Besides, the fiber in apples may cause bloating and gas, making you look heavier than you are.